Senior Scientist, Immuno-Oncology
260 East Grand Avenue South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Senior Scientist, Immuno-oncology to be part of our Client’ s team in San Francisco.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, and was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Senior Scientist, Immuno-oncology
- Work for a company that developing therapeutic antibodies for the treatment of cancer!
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Drug development experience in immuno-oncology and translational medicine is a must
- Leads and advances therapeutic program by defining strategy and guiding team members across functions/sites and from corporate partners
- Devises and implements biomarker strategies and patient selection criteria for preclinical and clinical development programs
- Designs, develops and executes cell-based assays for the identification and characterization of therapeutic antibodies
- Advances capabilities of the Antibody R&D group through development of novel screening strategies or implementation of new technologies
- Provides expertise on IHC and flow cytometry-based technologies to support Ab screening and functional analysis of immune cells
- Maintains an up-to-date understanding of the oncology and tumor immunotherapy literature and methodology, as well as the literature related to the specific antibody discovery projects
- Presents written and oral reports to the project team, Antibody R&D group, and management Communicates research efforts to collaborators, corporate partners, and/or at scientific meetings
- Plays a visible role in decision-making process on cross-functional antibody discovery teams; providing core expertise and input on scientific direction
- Supervise research associates and provide scientific and career mentorship
- Develops and contributes to company’ s intellectual property domain by way of patents and/or publications
- Collaborates with scientific colleagues in Israel
- Minimum of 10-12 years of experience is required, preferably in the field of immunology or oncology
- Prior experience in drug development within immuno-oncology and translational medicine is a must
- Prior experience with cell-based assays relevant to cancer drug development and immune functions is a must
- Extensive experience in flow cytometry-based technologies is required
- In vivo experience with in vivo models relating to tumor immunology is preferred
- Prior project leadership experience in antibody drug development preferred
- Track record of scientific accomplishment as evidenced by quality and quantity of publications and/or inventions.
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage functional responsibilities on therapeutic project teams.
- Demonstrated proficiency and knowledge in the relevant field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and activities while meeting ambitious deadlines.
- Highly motivated, efficient, and ambitious; contributes to strategic planning.
- Maintains excellent working relationships with colleagues and collaborators.
- Experience with a global company is a plus.
- Ability to travel (up to 5 %).
- Ability to work productively with colleagues across the global company.