Senior Research Associate
470 E Grand Ave., SSF41 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Senior Research Associate to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Sr. Research Associate
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The responsibilities of a DMPK-BA Senior Research Associate/Research Associate (Temporary position) are to develop and routinely employ bioanalytical methods for the quantitative and qualitative analysis of new chemical entities and their metabolites in plasma, tissues, and other biological matrices, as well as, interpret and provide bioanalytical results to project teams in support of drug discovery and development.
- The candidate will work as a member of the bioanalytical group and will be responsible for sample preparation, tissue homogenization, sample extraction techniques (e.g. LLE, SPE, and PP), data acquisition on a triple-quadrupole platform (Sciex API5500, etc), and data processing using Analyst and Watson-LIMS.
Summary of Qualifications:
- BS or MS in a relevant scientific discipline chemistry, biochemistry, etc.
- Relevant experience of 1-4 years for BS/MS
- Proven ability to independently design and execute experiments by LC-MS/MS in support of drug discovery and early development programs in a fast-paced environment.
- This role requires a good understanding of preclinical ADME and bioanalytical techniques.
- Experience with independent operation of various LC-MS platforms and automated liquid handlers is preferred.
- Must be able to assist in troubleshooting when instrument or assay problems arise.
- Other responsibilities will include basic bioanalytical research, electronic laboratory notebook keeping and communication of results to project teams.
- The candidate should possess excellent oral and written communication skills