Senior Quantitative Scientist
2801 Scott Blvd 2801 Scott Blvd, CA 95050
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Senior Quantitative Scientist to be part of our client’ s team in the South Bay Area. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
Senior Quantitative Scientist
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Senior Quantitative Scientist is responsible for providing data science leadership for evidence generation using RWD (Real-World Data), supporting In-Vitro Diagnostics (IVD) and CDS product portfolio.
- He/she contributes to the primary strategic and operational responsibility for the design, execution, and reporting of RWD studies using a variety of available research and commercial healthcare databases.
- He/she is also responsible for identifying and establishing (participates in the identification, establishment of and access to) collaborations with healthcare institutes expanding sources of available RWD sources.
- Working closely with clinical science and medical affairs directors across Diagnostics divisions, he/she (assists in) creates, confirms and validates disease & clinical hypotheses for RWD projects supporting commercial, market access, medical and regulatory needs.
- He/She is a key contributor driver and promotes increasing adoption of and advancing the uses of RWD to supplement clinical study design and execution, and identifies opportunities where RWD could be the primary evidence generation mechanism to achieve regulatory and reimbursement objectives for IVD and CDS products being developed across the client.
- Develops RWD study protocols and leads analysis projects supporting evidence needs of IVD and CDS product portfolio. Collaborates with internal and external partners (e.g., key opinion leaders, academic institutions, CROs) on the design and implementation of RWD studies.
- Leads RWD analysis projects from start to completion, supporting execution of CDS strategy, analytical module development, and identifying opportunities for CDS implementation, and associated value messaging.
- Ensures high quality results from analysis are published as posters, abstracts and manuscripts at a variety of external and internal events and congresses increasing scientific profile and visibility of the organization.
- Has the ability to explain the strengths and limitations of Real-World Data – such as national/regional registries, EMRs and other clinical data sources- in the context of designing RWD study designs.
Summary of Qualifications:
- At least a Master’ s Degree in a data science related field (e.g. Epidemiology, Biostatistics) required, PhD preferred.
- Background in biology or medicine, either through education or through professional experience.
- At least 5+ years (9+ years if no PhD) of relevant experience. Industry experience highly desired.
- Solid understanding and experience of using research and commercial RWD sources, national and regional disease data registries. China experience is highly preferred.
- Proven hands-on experience in generating new hypotheses, extracting/managing big data sets, design, implementation and reporting of RWD studies, in the Diagnostics/Pharma industry
- Expert knowledge of regulatory guidelines for Diagnostics/Pharma
- Expert knowledge of national and international coverage policies and proven experience in the use of RWD to influence reimbursement and clinical guidelines.
- Excellent communication and collaborations skills (including interpersonal skills to contribute effectively in cross-functional team settings, ability to influence others without authority, ability to build strong collaborative relationships with scientific and non-scientific partners)
- Good project management skills (including ability to manage scope and effectively delegate to other functions, staff, contractors, and external vendors)
- Strategic mindset and can-do attitude
- Language: English, Mandarin highly desired