Senior Project Manager
500 Forbes Blvd South San Francisco, CA 94080 | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Senior Project Manager to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Senior Project Manager:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Project assignments will include pipeline, product care, technology and/or continuous improvement initiatives.
- The PM will support project activities while onsite (5 days per week) with the flexibility to coordinate meetings and travel to accommodate global time zone interactions.
- Limited travel is expected and any travel will require prior management authorization.
- The PM is expected to enroll in the required training qualifications based upon business and project need.
- Work with the Device Team Leader (DTL) will facilitate translation of the device strategy into a plan for execution at the Team level.
- Lead execution of the device development plan within the agreed-upon constraints of scope, time and cost.
- Facilitate effective planning with the Team to define “ inspection ready” Design & Development Plans.
- Drive execution of Team activities to meet project and design control deliverables.
- Drive closure of Team actions to enable advancement to next stage through an effective Design Review process.
- Proactively drive planning and execution of the device strategy through the effective use of PM best practices and integration of Quality System Requirements (QSR) including design controls into Team activities.
- Oversight of project plan execution through the close monitoring of critical path activities and the creation of contingency plans to resolve issues and achieve deliverables.
- The project plan will effectively integrate with the Technical Development Team (TDT) plan to meet schedule and budget requirements.
- Responsible for promoting a collaborative team environment and maintaining positive team dynamics to enable on time execution.
- A strong emphasis on effective meeting management, transparent team communication, efficient decision-making, proactive risk management, conflict resolution and problem-solving is required.
- Responsible for applying best practices, driving consistency, and facilitating effective communication to enable optimum Device Team performance in a regulated environment.
- Integration of key Device Team deliverables with other Team project plans.
- Project meets established deliverables and timeline within budget.
Summary of Qualifications:
- B.S. or B.A. degree (preferably in engineering) and 5 to 10 years relevant business and/or technical experience in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry preferably from a multi-site global company.
- Experience in combination products considered an asset.
- Qualified candidates must have a proven track record leading development projects and ability to apply project management methodologies and Design Control requirements.
- Demonstrated development & commercialization experience & knowledge of medical devices.
- Knowledge of Health Authority requirements applicable to pharmaceutical & medical devices.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to manage complex projects with multiple priorities in a fast paced, ever-changing, team-based environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation, presentation, organizational and relationship-building skills required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Google, Microsoft Office, WebEx, Visio software tools.
- At least 5 years Project Management experience - PMP certification considered an asset.
- Onsite 5 days per week - Some travel expected dependent on project assignment.