Senior Project Manager
781 Lincoln Avenue San Rafael, CA 94901
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Senior Project Manager to be part of our client’ s team in the North Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Senior Project Manager
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Sr. Project Manager, Tech Strategy, R&D Center of Excellence (COE) is a consulting role that will lead the execution of process improvement and technology projects, and will work closely with the other roles within the Center of Excellence.
- The Sr. PM will take on projects of significant complexity and strategic importance and be active in supporting junior COE team members in building a knowledge base of formal Process Improvement and assessment methodologies and tools.
- Manage the full project lifecycle for R&D projects from initiation to closure using the Agile or SDLC methodology
- Build plans, schedules, resource demands, and ensuring adherence for business adoption, project scope, resourcing and funding; Manage all artifacts associated with the project lifecycle
- Handle multiple priorities in a fast paced ambiguous environment
- Manage project related tasks, maintain and track high quality integrated project plans and dashboards for reporting and decision making
- Work with multiple stakeholders to map requirements, lead business analysis and implement technical solutions
- Establish project metrics and communicate project progress
- Analyze and interpret metrics, financial data, and human resources data to provide business insights, charter new cross-functional initiatives, make data-driven process improvement decisions, and assess impact of completed improvements
- Assist with compiling reports, presentations and communications for internal stakeholders
- Manage agendas, minutes, logistics and preparation for meetings with stakeholders
- Collaborate, influence and negotiate to effectively operate in a matrixed organization; Ability to influence and manage both upwards and downwards
- Communicate effectively with steering committees consisting of senior level executives; know what and when to escalate and when to mitigate
- Hands-on experience with adoption of project management methodologies, creation of project business case, project budget management and financial processes
- Proactive risk and issue management; ability to mitigate and escalate effectively
- Ability to analyze and assess the technology landscape and industry standards for specific platforms
- Good ability to align delivery to organizational strategy and goals
Summary of Qualifications:
- Must have a BA/BS in life sciences, engineering, or related degree
- 8 years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience in project management, with a focus on technology is required
- PMP certification is highly preferred
- Must have a good understanding of the Drug Development Lifecycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is highly desirable
- Required to be a self-starter, highly motivated individual with good learning agility
- Strong facilitation skills is a must
- Hands-on experience with MS Project, Portfolio Management tools like Clarity, Primavera, MS Office tools, Visio, SharePoint etc.
- Scrum Master Certification (CSM) or Process Improvement certification is a plus
- Previous experience with Project Management in Clinical Development or Research is a plus