Senior Network System Administrator
5130 Hacienda Drive Dublin, CA 94568
Senior Network Administrator
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Full time Position
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analyze telecom/network performance, reacting to operational performance, and business-wide telecom/network issues; Participate on the L2/L3 production support team; Help identify and develop efficiency opportunities.
- Work with managed service providers, telecommunication providers, and other infrastructure teams.
- Maintain network health monitoring and alerting tools.
- Review and analyze new requests, work with IT partners, vendors, and business leaders to understand network communication needs; Develop solutions and recommendations for business initiatives based on application requirements.
- Assist in the architecture of new network/network security related solutions ensuring they are compatible with the company' s business needs and strategic objectives.
- Maintain network infrastructure hardware including ongoing software / firmware patches or upgrades and analysis.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures relative to Wi-Fi and Network Access Control
- 5 - 10 years hands on networking experience with DNS, DHCP, SNMP, and TCP/IP, LAN and WAN routing protocol (BGP, OSPF, EiGRP), Cisco Routing and switching, Cisco Nexus, Citrix NetScaler, Juniper JUNOS, Silver peak WAN Optimization.
- Bachelor' s degree in Information Technology or related experience
- Hands-on experience with Cisco Call Manager
- Hands-on experience with network wireless site survey tools. Hands-on with Wireless Network and Network Access Control technology is preferred.
- Outstanding work ethic; displays a high sense of urgency to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- Be available for rotation assignment for on-call support duties.
- Excellent written and verbal communication; must be able to communicate technical solutions to senior management.