525 Market St. 32 floor
Job Number: 16338
Senior Network Security Engineer
San Francisco, CA
6 months plus contract
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the engineering, design, implementation, maintenance, analysis, and administration of security technologies.
- Manage security tools that help identify intrusions and watch for irregular system or user behavior (e.g., Splunk, Clearpass, PAN Threat logs, NetEye, Firemon)
- Work closely with Information Security department to develop a set of network security standards and best practices for the organization and recommend security enhancements to management as needed
- Develop strategies to respond to and recover from security incidents/breaches.
- Install, Configure, manage and use advance software features (e.g. Palo Alto firewall threat prevention, Splunk, Clearpass) to protect organization' s sensitive information.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science and / or equivalent experience.
- Strong knowledge on IP networking (Switching & Routing), Routing Protocols (OSPF, BGP, RIP), RSTP, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, OSI layer
- Strong hands on experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting network hardware such as Cisco switches (Nexus 5k/7k/9k, stack switches, 4510X), F5 load balancers (LTM, GTM, BigIQ), Juniper Pulse, Palo Alto Firewalls (App-ID, Threat prevention, Wildfire), Riverbed (Steelheads, Netprofiler, NetShark)
- Using Network Management Tools and Sniffers like Wireshark, TCPDUMP, Netflow, to analyze packet captures.
- Experience with F5 (LTM, GTM, BigIQ) nice to have
- Desired technical Knowledge: IDS/IPS, privileged access management, Encryption, Digital Certificates, SSL, VPN, IPSec, TCP/IP, DNS and web security architecture, vulnerability scanning technologies, application security, Cloud security.