Senior Network Engineer
2841 Scott Blvd Santa Clara, CA 95050
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to be part of our client’ s team in Santa Clara. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Senior Network Engineer:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Network architecture, design and continuing improvement, installation and software version control/revision on all network equipment.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with all aspects of edge networks and WAN architectures, including protocols such as BGP, OSPF, MPLS, and strategies such as capacity planning, routing policies.
- Conducts network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose complex network problems.
- With minor supervision, implements solutions that have limited system-wide impact.
- Escalates issues with broader implications for entire network to higher level network.
- Utilizes monitoring tools to capture and analyze network traffic, maintain uptime, generate usage reports, spot trends, and report any anomalies to supervisor.
- Upgrades network hardware and software components as directed with limited assistance.
- Creates and maintains network documentation and diagrams as needed when assets are added or removed.
- Provides users with network technical support.
- Installs and tests necessary software and hardware in accordance with Change Management processes.
- Assists with core network tasks such as configuring switches, routers, vlan' s, firewall management etc.
- Sets up, configures, and maintains vlan, trunking (802.1q as well as ISL). Deploys and configures Cisco Switches, routers, core switches and other network gear.
- Demonstrates great follow up and customer service skills as well as strong project management, negotiation and relationship management skills.
- Must have good understanding of Network Industry Standards and Network Security Practices.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in computer science, information systems, or related discipline.
- Deep technical experience and strong command of industry trends and ability to apply those for desired outcomes.
- Ability to operate across multiple projects concurrently and assume the responsibility for the appropriate technical and architectural implementation of projects.
- Proven track record to translate business requirements into solutions and implementing significant IT infrastructure projects on schedule and budget.
- Influencing skills over a wide spectrum of management and technical contacts.
- 12+ years of hands on IT experience in Cisco/Arista network Infrastructure Technologies.
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation) and advanced problem-solving skills.
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Advanced TCP/IP
- OSI 7 layer model
- Routing protocols, OSPF, RIP, EIGRP