1000 retail drive Fort MIll, SC 29715
- Manage IT Systems for the Transportation Portfolio inclusive of both Transportation Management System “ TMS” and Pool Shipper Application. Includes a focus on stability, support and system development lifecycle activities for capital projects within Transportation Portfolio.
- Project Management: Manages scoping, budget, delivery and resources (both Ross and Contractors) for all IT delivery in both TMS and Pool Shipper.
- Strategy: Manages application roadmap in coordination with Architectural Engineering to drive multi-year plans for maintaining and enhancing the applications.
- Best Practices: Owns partnership with business to drive best practices utilizing the system’ s core functionality and data for operational efficiencies and cost savings.
- Responsible for managing Transportation IT delivery and support
- Understands the fundamental business activities performed by Ross and the supporting Transportation team
- Evaluates risks and recommends appropriate remediation solutions for identified vulnerabilities
- Drives evaluation and implementation of applications and tools needed by team
- Coordinates work efforts with other teams such as business portfolios, vulnerability team, infrastructure management, security operations, governance & risk; communicates project and operational metrics
- Manages a staff of employees, contractors and vendors and prioritizes project and operational work efforts
- Manages the recruitment, retention, and career development of team including managing, mentoring, and leading internal and external staff
- Develops action plans, schedules, budgets, status reports and other management communications intended to improve the Transportation IT Delivery at Ross
- Defines, develops and maintains strategic and tactical plans, negotiates projects, services and contracts with partners, service providers and consulting firms
- Participates in strategic planning and annual budgeting process
- Stays informed about the latest developments in supply chain and transportation, including new products and services, through on-line news services, technical magazines, professional association memberships, industry conferences, special training seminars, and other methods
- Manage a multi-million-dollar budget (capital and expense)
- Build and maintain strong relationships with vendors
- Monitors current and proposed industry standards relative to the technologies associated with transportation to provide direction and recommendations on changes and the introduction of new processes or products.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- At least 10 to 15 years’ experience supporting IT systems, processes or capabilities.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive IT experience with at least 7 years in Transportation (preferred) or Supply Chain and business operations support.
- Minimum 5 years in supervisory position of Transportation (preferred) or Supply Chain application delivery and support.
- A solid understanding of industry best practices for IT Delivery and business analysis; specific demonstrated experience mapping business processes and comparing those processes to industry best practices.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff remotely, across multiple time zones.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and handle critical situation, negotiating solutions and resolving conflicts.
- Demonstrated ability to execute basic financial analysis, such as ROI.
- Technically competent; able to supervise internal engineer, analysts, consultants and external vendor resources.
- Undergraduate degree in information systems, computer science, or a related technical discipline.
- Bachelor' s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project and Visio, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
- Experience with data and leveraging reporting to drive results
- Knowledge of servers, storage and network infrastructure.
- Understanding of Transportation Management Technologies
- Some travel may be required
- Graduate degree