Senior Manager Data Center Operations
425 Market St San Francisco, CA 94105 | Direct Hire
Senior Data Center Operations Manager
Location: San Francisco, CA
Bayside Solutions is an industry-leading provider of staff augmentation and consulting services. Since 2001, we’ ve built our company around a single concept – relationships. We focus on the people we serve. We’ re straightforward, consistent and 100% accountable. We deliver intelligent solutions that help our clients and candidates thrive.
We are looking for a Senior Data Center Operations Manager with deep professional and technical expertise in data center design, implementation, support, and maintenance.
- Guided by department objectives and priorities, manages day-to-day support and operations of office, regional, and firmwide data centers.
- Accountable for the effective and efficient management, coordination, and functioning of the Data Center Operations Teams.
- Prioritizes and manages workloads, and possesses effective problem resolution skills.
- Responsible for development, implementation, and maintenance of all Data Center standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for the design, deployment, and maintenance of the company’ s internally and externally hosted network (WAN and LAN), telephony architecture, and its associated network connections and component hardware.
- Responsible for the maintenance and up-keep of routers and phone systems and for operating system support.
- Responsible for automating server administration, networking, and telephony tasks through scripting and programming language.
- Ensures IT infrastructure projects are well managed from conception through successful enterprise-wide deployment.
- Manages and creates solutions to support infrastructure strategies, including storage management, server hardware deployment and support and data center infrastructure.
- Supports and designs all resources for firm printing / scanning services.
- Supervises, coaches, and develops Data Center Operations Team.
- Aligns Data Center operations policies, procedures, and metrics with client requirements and third party standards, e.g. ITIL, ISO 270xx, NiST, MOF.
- Ensures client services and satisfaction are attained in all areas of position.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’ s degree in Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Five years’ experience in data center design, implementation, support, and maintenance
- Strong knowledge of data center operations standards.
- Minimum five years’ supervisory experience in a technical capacity.
- Five years experience implementing ITIL and MOF methodologies in a Data Center context.
- Three years experience working with standard project planning frameworks, i.e., PMBoK, PRINCE2
- Five years experience managing Data Center supplier/vendor relationships, contract review/negotiation, and ongoing SLA / requirements management.
- Three years experience in third-party information security audit response (in a Data Center context). Possesses an understanding of ISO 270xx, NIST, and international security/data privacy frameworks/standards.
- Experience implementing and managing corporate data classification, data retention, and records management standards / policies / procedures.
- Experience with Windows and VMWare server installations and troubleshooting.
- Fiber Channel storage system management experience, and ISCSI storage system management.
- Scale out file system management and design experience.
- Strong knowledge of network architecture for core data center and regional office, including design and implementation.
- Vendor management and contract negotiation experience.
- Sr. level experience in supporting telecommunications systems.
- Minimum four to seven years’ experience in the architecture, design, deployment, and maintenance of network (WAN and LAN) and telephony systems.
- Experience with VoIP infrastructure, including IP-PBXs, call management systems, voice mail, computer telephony integration and interactive voice response.
- Expert Level knowledge of routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP).
- Cisco core networking, Nexus, Cat, ASA, configuration, and design.
- Experience in end user experience monitoring a plus.