Senior Manager, Procurement
270 E. Grand Avenue South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Senior Manager, Procurement to be a part of our partner’ s team in the South San Francisco. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing bio-pharmaceutical company.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Senior Manager, Procurement
- An opportunity to join a growing bio-pharmaceutical company charting a new course in the treatment of serious blood-related disorders
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
- Assist Senior Director, Procurement in management of Procurement Department
- Support corporate wide procurement initiatives such as Supplier Resource Management Program, Contract to Pay Process, risk mitigation processes, quality assurance processes, streamlining, etc.
- Strategic and operational business partner for a wide variety of departments such as Clinical, Commercial, R&D, Regulatory and G&A
- Drive competitive bid /RFP process for from start to finish. Requires exceptional communication, project management, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Partner with Legal and Compliance to drive the contracting process with suppliers to ensure that favorable terms and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Supplier Performance Management tracking and trending.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to resolve supplier quality or performance issues
- Identify opportunities for cost and risk reductions and actively work toward achieving them.
- Evaluate, analyze, and benchmark the market to identify potential products and suppliers that are of the best quality and value to Portola.
- Participate in SOX compliance audits when necessary
- Bachelor’ s degree; MBA desirable.
- 5-10 years Procurement experience with increasing responsibilities.
- Strategic thinker with superior business acumen
- Relevant experience and knowledge in cross department spend in a life science / pharmaceutical company
- Commitment to achieving goals and aligned with Company strategic initiatives.
- Capacity to analyze, resolve and communicate complex issues using sound judgement and making informed decisions
- Proven track record for delivering strategic initiatives within timeline and budget constraints
- Excellent negotiation skills with the ability to influence and persuade others to achieve the best possible outcome for the company
- Utilize sound judgement
- Resiliency in coping will with time pressures, changing deadlines, and multiple priorities
- Listening to all viewpoints within the company
- Use integrity to solve problems