Senior Maintenance Technician
6755 Kaiser Dr Fremont, CA 94555
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Senior Maintenance Technician to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to improve the quality of patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Sr. Maintenance Technician
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provides technical support, assistance in coordinating maintenance work activities, and follows established priorities to ensure maintenance needs are met. Ability to trouble shoot across most site mechanical technologies. Resolves issues and improves operations by making necessary logic changes, recommending and executing equipment upgrades and assists in developing new processes and procedures. Also performs maintenance and associated corrective actions on production, facility, and utility equipment.
- Assists Master Technician in support of scheduling daily work and coordinating activities with other departments as needed.
- Performs maintenance on site equipment and systems according to detailed work instructions, including some unique and highly complex assets. Records results in Enterprise
- Asset Management System. Identifies out-of-scope conditions and perform corrective actions. Communicates results as required by SOP and lead identification of root cause and remediation of failures.
- Maintains equipment by providing troubleshooting to ensure equipment performance is reliable and meets expectations. Performs preventive, corrective, or emergency work orders and respond to service calls while the plant is in operation, which may include off-shift periods and weekends.
- Maintains and ensures documentation, both written and electronic, is accurate, complete and factual as required by policies, procedures, and regulatory guidelines. Reviews and analyzes data collected by self or others in order to ensure proper documentation and adherence to procedures. Reviews updated or modified SOP' s and job plans procedures developed by other Technicians or contractors.
- Executes test protocols developed by self or others (Reliability and/or Engineers) in support of the qualification of new and existing equipment. Consults with Engineer/Reliability, vendor, or project manager on results and feedback. This may include support for Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) or Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) and related travel.Reviews project designs and make recommendations. (Packaging & Filling experience is a plus)
- Ensures equipment/system documentation requirements are completely and properly documented in the Enterprise Asset Management System (EAM).
- Reviews and provides final approval (closing) on technician work orders. Develops or guides the development of metrics and information to be used in root cause analysis (RCA) meetings.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Working knowledge of schematics, P&ID drawings, and ISA symbols & numbering.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively maintain, troubleshoot and repair mechanical systems and equipment
- Requires a strong electrical, mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, detail orientation and the ability to work independently or within a team environment.
- Ability and willingness to maintain accurate records.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply all relevant Work Instructions and
- Standard Operating Procedures and other regulatory requirements.
- Attention to detail, safety, quality and customer requirements.
- Demonstrate a high level of personal motivation and initiative.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible with daily work assignment changes as well as a continuously improving work environment.
- Ability to make decisions within the scope of operating policies and procedures.
- Strong pharmaceutical packaging or fill/finish experience is preferred.