Senior Maintenance Technician
6701 Kaiser Drive Fremont, CA 94555
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Senior Maintenance Technician to be part of our client’ s team in Fremont. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Senior Maintenance Technician:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Performs maintenance on site equipment and systems according to detailed work instructions, including some unique and highly complex assets.
- Records results in Enterprise
- Asset Management System.
- Identifies out-of-scope conditions and perform corrective actions.
- Communicates results as required by SOP and lead identification of root cause and remediation of failures.
- Maintains equipment by providing troubleshooting to ensure equipment performance is reliable and meets expectations (not only includes adjusting, repairing, and replacing components on mechanical equipment and systems).
- Performs preventive, corrective, or emergency work orders and respond to service calls while the plant is in operation, which may include off-shift periods and weekends.
- Corrective work may include replacing electrical or powered component, including multiple phase motors.
- Assists in the troubleshooting to better understand deviations from proper operation.
- Helps execute test protocols either independently or developed by Engineering and under their direction, depending on the complexity for the scope.
- Maintains and ensures documentation, both written and electronic, is accurate, complete and factual as required by policies, procedures, and regulatory guidelines.
- Documents activities supporting maintenance best practices to ensure that continuous improvement activities have adequate and reliable data for analysis.
- Reviews and analyzes data collected by self or others in order to ensure proper documentation and adherence to procedures.
- Identifies abnormalities, trends, and/or predict future issues based on available data.
- Supports the development of job plans, certifications or other maintenance related procedures and methods based on detailed specifications, drawings, and other technical requirements and review and approve work orders.
- Executes test protocols developed by self or others (Reliability and/or Engineers) in support of the qualification of new and existing equipment.
- Consults with Engineer/Reliability, vendor, or project manager on results and feedback.
- Reviews project designs and make recommendations. (Packaging & Filling experience is a plus).
- Ensures equipment/system documentation requirements are completely and properly documented in the Enterprise Asset Management System (EAM).
- Supports development of training material and provides training to other technicians or contractors in maintenance concepts and procedures.
- May develop and deliver advanced troubleshooting training for on-site equipment to other technicians.
Summary of Qualifications:
- High school Diploma or GED required.
- Strong pharmaceutical packaging of fill/finish experience is preferred.
- Understanding of equipment start-up and project support.
- Working knowledge of schematics, P&ID drawings and ISA symbols/numbering.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively maintain, troubleshoot and repair mechanical systems and equipment.
- Requires a strong electrical, mechanical, and technical aptitude.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, detail orientation and the ability to work independently or within a team environment.
- Ability and willingness to maintain accurate records.
- Demonstrate ability to learn and apply all relevant work instructions and standard operating procedures (SOP) and other regulatory requirements.
- Attention to detail, safety, quality, and customer requirements.
- Demonstrate a high level of personal motivation and initiative.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible with daily work assignment changes as well as a continuously improving work environment.
- Ability to make decisions within the scope of operating policies and procedures.