73 Digital Drive
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 15959
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Sr. Maintenance Mechanic to be part of our client’ s team in Novato. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Sr. Maintenance Mechanic
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Operate, maintain, and repair wide variety of building and process equipment, HVAC, plant and clean steam, process gases, waste systems, RO/DI and UPW water system, and environmental chambers.
- Proficient in using Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- Operate computerized Building Management System (BMS).
- Make daily planned inspection of facilities equipment and services. Take action as required.
- Perform various projects including plumbing, electrical, and mechanical projects.
- Write/Review maintenance related Work Instructions/SOPs
- Perform and complete scheduled preventative maintenance work orders.
- Identify mechanical problems and implement complex corrective actions.
- Maintain detailed and accurate records as necessary in order to maintain GMP and department procedure compliance.
- Start-up new mechanical systems.
- Train other mechanics and technicians for mechanical repair and maintenance.
- Perform troubleshooting, evaluation, and repair of complex equipment.
- Assign CMMS preventive maintenance, service request, and repair work orders.
- Prioritize, plan, and schedule service request, repair, and preventive
- maintenance work orders. This requires coordinating multiple disciplines and trades, Engineering, EH&S, Validation, QC, Compliance, Material Management, and Manufacturing Sciences, Metrology, construction, electrical, HVAC, refrigeration, and plumbing.
- Coordinate between departments and function as the point of contact for e.g., HVAC, electrical, janitorial, and landscaping issues.
- Review CMMS work orders for accuracy and completeness.
- Perform and complete service request work orders, preventive maintenance work orders, and repair work orders.
- Maintain compliance with company and OSHA safety standards.
- Follow company polices described in the Employee Handbook.
- Comply with compliance related SOP’ s.
- Coordinate maintenance operations with Quality Control, Supply Chain, and Manufacturing Sciences, as required.
- Provide back-up assistance to the Lead Maintenance Mechanic
- Supervise Building Technicians as required.
- Active member of BERT.
- Order parts.
- Respond to equipment alarms.
- Other projects/tasks as assigned by management.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Journeyman level experience in at least one trade (electrical, plumbing, HVAC, or refrigeration)
- AS/AA Degree
- Trade School Certificate; Technical School
- At least 7 years’ experience in a structured maintenance program; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, refrigeration, or instrumentation in a biotech environment preferred.
- Experience in a biotech GMP or other highly regulated environment preferred.
- Must be able to work independently and have a high mechanical aptitude.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to maintain accurate and legible records.
- Must be able to consistently demonstrate self-initiative to identify, research, and solve facility equipment problems involving complex variables in poorly defined situations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, standard operating procedures, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before employees of the organization.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations sufficient to perform the job. Skills must be sufficient to understand and evaluate basic engineering calculations such as for HVAC, piping, fluids, heat transfer, etc.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.