Senior Java Engineer
10188 Telesis Ct, Ste 300 San Diego, CA 92121 | Contract-to-Hire
Client Industry: Health care IT
Location: San Diego, CA / Campbell, CA
Position: Senior Java Engineer
Duration: 6 months contract to hire
Our client works in a high-pace and extremely collaborative Agile environment, thus the ability to engage your peers to propose, express and challenge ideas is extremely important. Emphasis is laid on the creation and self-maintenance of documentation, so clarity in the candidate’ s ability to express ideas and concepts is required.
The ideal candidate for this position should have an advanced grasp of the full gamut of the software engineering lifecycle: requirement gathering, design proposals, implementation, testing and maintenance for the enhancement of both existing and new products & tools.
This candidate provides technical support to project team members, relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and performs a variety of complicated tasks. May provide leadership to others. Works under general direction. A wide degree of creativity and resourcefulness is expected.
- Great interpersonal relations, team cooperation and the ability to communicate with technical and business stakeholders
- Familiarity with emerging technologies and software development best practices
- Ability and desire to quickly evaluate and learn new concepts, technical skills and technologies
- Able to mentor others and lead design efforts
- Experience leading a technical team through all phases of the software development and delivery cycle.
Must Have Skills:
- 5+ years’ experience using Groovy, Java, Scala or another JVM language
- Linux experience (medium to advanced knowledge)
- Experience with JSON, RESTful web services and client-server interactions
- Experience with Spring framework
- Experience with highly scalable web services
- API design and development
- Experience with Spring Boot
- Environment management/orchestration systems (Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with testing frameworks and code quality tools
- Experience with continuous integration environment and tools
- Experience with Oracle, PostgresSQL, Mongo development and optimization
- Enterprise data warehousing design and development
- Bachelor’ s Degree or above (Computer Science, Bio Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Engineering or any related field)