Senior Human Resources Business Partner
1035 O'Brien Drive Menlo Park, CA 94025
Sr. Human Resources Business Partner / Sr. HR Manager
Menlo Park, CA
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP), will serve as a trusted advisor and consultant to the business unit' s and organization on human resource-related issues. The successful HRBP acts as an employee champion and change agent. The role partners closely with business unit' s to align business objectives, employee development and productivity in support of our values and business goals. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs, communicates needs and works proactively with the HR department and business management to develop integrated solutions. The HRBP will advise and recommend based on an effective level of business literacy about the business unit' s financial position, project midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collaborates regularly with leadership in developing and driving strategies to engage employees, improve work relationships and build morale consistent with the values and objectives of the organization
- Assist business units in evaluating performance of individual team members and providing guidance on development or corrective action
- Serve as a coach and consultant to business leaders and employees on key organizational management issues
- Proactively identifies business needs and partners with functional leaders to design, develop and implement solutions that meet identified needs, including succession development plans and performance management plans that support the employees’ desire for professional growth, and the organization’ s need to develop future leaders
- Develop talent acquisition strategies to recruit top talent
- In partnership with the Head of HR, the extended HR team and business leaders, build and maintain a strong employment brand
- Be key expert in the organizational structure, individual functions and jobs
- Facilitate the consistent application and improvement of HR policies, processes, and programs
- Ensure employment practices are compliant with employment regulations
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’ s degree or comparable experience
- Minimum of 12 years of relevant business experience (five years in an HR business partner role) with a primary focus on talent acquisition, talent development, performance management, employee engagement, employee relations, and change management
- Experience in a pharmaceutical or life-sciences industry preferred
- Requires solid knowledge and understanding of Human Resources legislation/employment law, principles, policies, and procedures
- Must be able to exercise judgment and independently determine and take appropriate action in a variety of people related situations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence through listening, writing, and presenting. Demonstrated ability to coach employees and managers in sensitive situations
- Must be able to develop solutions to a wide range of highly complex problems, which require an in depth degree of integrity, ingenuity, creativity, and innovation
- Ability to link people and organizational practices to business values and objectives
- Project-management skills and demonstrated commitment to delivering excellent results in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team, inspiring trust and confidence from HR colleagues and business-partner units alike
- Role model for core values and culture
- Strong facilitation skills
- Skilled in change management
- Business Acumen -preferred Pharmaceutical, Biotech - small to mid-size companies
- Communication - clear, articulate, professional
- Consultation - proven success within the discipline partnering with business units and executive management
- Ethical Practice - confirmed through references
- Global & Cultural Awareness - experience working in a diverse environment
- HR Expertise - BS or successful work relevant experience
- Relationship Management - verifiable or documented examples (accommodations, references, public statements, etc.)
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk; sit; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Walk and lift up to 10 pounds.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel: N/A
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a Contract position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8: 30 a.m. to 5 p.m.