Senior Equipment Support Specialist
1080 US Hwy 202 South, Building 500, Roo Branchburg, NJ 08876
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Senior Equipment Support Specialist to be part of our client’ s team in the Branchburg, New Jersey. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
Sr. Equipment Support Specialist
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Calibrates and performs preventative maintenance on process and laboratory instrumentation/Client Brand equipment. Meets all schedules for calibrations and preventative maintenance.
- Installs, maintains, calibrates and validates mature automated clinical instrumentation (Client Brand Equipment).
- Notifies Department Management when any instrument/equipment is nonconforming and follows up to ensure a timely response to the issue.
- Assists/Leads in troubleshooting and/or repairing of instrument or equipment problems and resolving difficult problems in creative ways. Uses discretion and independent judgment to consider and determine appropriate solutions / actions.
- Performs unscheduled calibration/preventive maintenance activities as needed to support owning departments.
- Maintains technical department files (e.g. specification sheets, manuals).
- Maintains department supplies required for performing calibrations/preventive maintenance, as applicable.
- Coordinates with client department contacts to ensure timely calibration and/or preventative maintenance of instruments and equipment.
- Participates/Leads in internal/external teams and relationships.
- Performs training as required.
- Performs calibration / preventive maintenance reviews / approvals, as applicable.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Required: High School diploma and electronic technical training and a minimum of 5 years work experience in pharmaceutical/medical device/biomedical calibrations, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Preferred: Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent in engineering or related field.
- Typically requires 2-6 years job related calibration experience in a regulated manufacturing environment (pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical or medical device) with basic knowledge of instrument support.
- Excellent inter-personal and customer relation skills