Senior Director of Facilities
800 Saginaw Drive Redwood City, CA 94063
Senior Director of Facilities
Redwood City, CA
What You’ ll Do
Real Estate Portfolio Planning & Management:
- Develop, implement and monitor short and long range facility management business plans and budget ensuring that key metrics are defined and achieved. Include development plans to enhance employee satisfaction and operational goals.
- Forecast real estate requirements. Maintain real estate knowledge with local brokerage firms, building owners and developers as well as following local leasing activities.
- Negotiate favorable terms on leasing and amendments that are in the best interests of the company for current and future requirements.
- Review lease language and develop work letters and milestones when appropriate. Partner with executive team members and relevant departments to ensure leases and amendments contain appropriate content.
- Manage construction projects from inception to completion, including the selection of vendors and contractors. Determine the needs of affected departments and ensure projects are designed to meet the company’ s business requirements.
Facilities & Workplace Operations:
- Manage the workplace teams optimizing individual performance, encouraging personal and department development and recognizing achievement. Regularly review staffing levels, performance, succession planning, training and recruitment.
- Coordinate lab support including monitoring and assisting with purchasing, installing and maintaining equipment while managing facility infrastructure requirements.
- Ensure company compliance with building codes and applicable local rules, regulations and laws.
- Coordinate routine maintenance and repairs including support for our labs, offices and common areas.
- Monitor facility requests and required support from other departments ensuring prompt resolutions.
- Consult and strategize with other departments such as Manufacturing, Quality, Finance, Procurement, Legal, R&D and IT to ensure company needs are fulfilled in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Assume budgetary responsibility for facilities costs including long range planning and annual operating plan development. Source and manage vendors as required for workplace and related activities.
- Develop and implement effective global workplace strategies.
Employee Health & Safety:
- Manage the EH&S team that oversees EH&S programs following industry best practices.
- Enhance security levels, create policies and conduct appropriate testing.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed
- A minimum 10 years of facility management, construction and leasing experience
- A proven leader who motivates others to collaborate effectively and deliver outstanding operational and strategic results
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to present to and influence peers and executive leadership
- Broad experience with Employee Health and Safety, Security and Risk Management
- Experience managing facilities with mixed office and lab space
- Good knowledge of codes, regulations and laws that affect lab and office spaces and buildings;
- Be highly organized and possess good negotiating skills.
- Ability to read and understand construction plans and engineering reports
- Bachelor’ s degree in architecture, construction management, business or engineering preferred (or equivalent experience). Master’ s degree in business also desirable