341 Oyster Point Blvd., Suite 100
South San Francisco,
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 16379
Senior Contracts Associate, Legal
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, redline, negotiate and manage agreements and other documents with vendors, CROs, and other third parties, including clinical trial agreements, statements of work, etc.
- Maintain and manage contracts database in an organized, current, and searchable manner.
- Partner closely with internal and external teams including clinical operations, and third party CROs, clinical sites, and vendors to ensure timely clinical contracts turnaround and negotiations for start-up of study sites.
- Draft, redline and negotiate a variety of business related contracts including confidentiality agreements, consulting and services agreements, statements of work, material transfer agreements, collaboration agreements, advisor agreements, and various vendor services agreements in support of Calithera Biosciences, including as appropriate in collaboration with attorneys and collaboration partners.
- Critically evaluate complex contractual terms, identify legal risks and propose alternate contractual solutions.
- Assist with the contracts management process, including intake and triage of contractual matters, to enhance the efficient delivery of fully executed agreements.
- Work independently without close supervision, proactively initiating projects and identifying ways to continuously improve templates, streamline processes and operations while exercising strong judgment.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’ s degree required.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience as a contracts associate/ manager and/or corporate paralegal, including in-house in the biotech, pharmaceutical or related industry.
- Excellent project management and recordkeeping skills.
- Extensive experience drafting and negotiating a wide range of agreements.
- Experience managing a contracts database and related projects within an organization.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and a meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task, and remain focused in a fast paced, high volume work environment.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently while exercising initiative, flexibility and good judgment with a desire to identify needs, improve and streamline processes.