Senior Configuration Management Analyst
1450 Fashion Island Blvd. San Mateo, CA 94404
Client Industry: Financial Services
Location: San Mateo, CA
Position: Senior Configuration Management Analyst (CMDB)
Terms: 6 months contract to hire
Interview process: Phone screen; onsite meeting
About us: Founded in 2001, Bayside Solutions has been recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
About the opportunity: As a Senior Configuration Management Analyst, you will be tasked with asset and configuration management including but not limited to application and server administration, user account administration, software updates and system maintenance activities. You will also be required to do data analysis and support programs for software license management, hardware refresh etc.
- Develops a fully functional asset and configuration management process.
- Performs Configuration Management tasks related to ServiceNow Discovery, Mapping, and other data sources for the CMDB and Asset systems. Remediates discovery errors, investigates connectivity issues, and monitors performance for all systems related to Asset & Configuration Management.
- Engages business and IT to gather configuration management requirements and information for:
- Business Capabilities
- Business Applications
- Platforms (applications and database) Services
- Core IT systems
- Researches and remediates data-quality issues for asset and configuration items. Performs audits and runs reports for Asset & CMDB data. Ensures that data is accurately reflected in the Asset and CMDB systems. Prepares KPI and metric reports.
- Supports automation activities through the development of scripts, API integration, and orchestration.
- Responds to user inquiries, assists in resolving tickets and service requests in the Asset & Configuration management team queues.
- Develops patterns, probes, and sensors related to Discovery and ServiceMapping. Develops, edits, and maintains scripts used to support the Asset & Configuration Management systems.
- Supports training efforts as required - provides input, documents requirements and supports the design and delivery of training programs.
- Liaisons with internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Information Technology or a related field
- 7+ years working in an IT environment
- Expert knowledge of ServiceNow Asset and Configuration modules is a must
- Strong working knowledge and experience of ITIL practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills