Senior Business Analyst
550 John Ross Pkwy Rock Hill, SC 29730
IT Business Analyst
Industry: Information Technology, Retail
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Duration: Full Time
Bayside Solutions is an industry-leading provider of staff augmentation and consulting services. Since 2001, we’ ve built our company around a single concept – relationships. We focus on the people we serve. We’ re straightforward, consistent and 100% accountable. We deliver intelligent solutions that help our clients and candidates thrive.
The Business Analyst serves to gather user requirements, create functional requirements documents, develop testing scenarios and scripts, and execute testing to ensure application meets the functional and user interface specifications. The Business Analyst is also expected to troubleshoot application issues to work with the application provider to resolve. Serves as a functional and technical resource in Transportation and Freight Payment business areas.
- Provide new capabilities
- Conduct different aspects of systems development life cycle – ensuring that:
- Requirements are defined and documented accurately
- Test plans are designed and executed successfully
- Document issues discovered in testing
- Test resolutions provided by the software vendor.
- Supporting existing production systems
- Defining system problems and enhancement requests
- Ensuring the related fixes and/or enhancements are tested successfully (by IT and by key business partners)
- Assist with trouble-shooting data issues in relation to processes and other applications.
- Coach users and executives through change in order to improve data quality and achieve business goals.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Prior TMS/Freight Payment Implementation experience
- Small to Mid-size project management experience
- Familiarity with EDI and XML Integration Mapping
- Ability to lead other analysts and software provider
- Demonstrated capability to coach others to improved quality
- Develop team dynamics
- Ability to sell the business customer to pursue a path that is good for Ross and IT standards
- Creative problem-solver
- Capability to see weeks and months ahead and coordinate people and tasks to accomplish needed goals
- Understanding of Transportation industry best practices including Domestic and International, Systemic Bid Processes, Freight Payment
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite including Visio
- Data manipulation in Excel and/or Access