2801 Scott Blvd
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 16171
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Senior Bioinformatics Scientist to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay Area. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
Senior Bioinformatics Scientist
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Design, analyze, and interpret single-molecule sequencing experiments using custom and standard analysis tools.
- Define in-depth statistical error profiles and their impact on secondary and tertiary analysis.
- Develop and implement algorithms for the primary analysis pipeline.
- Write production-level code to support primary and secondary analysis pipeline.
Summary of Qualifications:
- A Master' s Degree in bioinformatics, biostatistics, computational biology, computer science, or a related field with 8 years of related experience. OR Ph.D. with 4 years of related experience
- Expertise in algorithm optimization and experiment design.
- Proven ability to proactively evaluate methods and propose directions to improve.
- Knowledge of molecular biology, statistics, and human genetics / genomics.
- Strong experience in the use of high-level programming languages such as Python (preferred) or R for pipelines and complex data analysis.
- Experience with Java or C/C++ for algorithm development a plus.
- Experience in development and support of product-level bioinformatics pipelines.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and data analysis and interpretation skills.