770 Lindaro Street
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 15940
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Senior Benefits Specialist to be part of our client’ s team in San Rafael. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Senior Benefits Specialist
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Serve as subject matter expert for all company benefit plans with the ability to answer questions and provide information to employees as needed.
- Troubleshoot causes of benefits problems by working with IT, and benefits carriers as needed.
- Provide overview of benefits and assist with benefits enrollment for all new employees.
- Participate in benefit surveys and analyze information obtained from the results
- Maintain employee wellness program
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements for existing and new legislation; obtaining qualified opinions; enforcing adherence to requirements
- Leave of Absence Administration, including advising employees, FMLA/CFRA, STD, SDI and PFL income. Coordinate leaves with Payroll.
- Updates employee benefit changes in Oracle HRIS, and audits against carrier change reports
- May assist with the planning & implementation of annual benefit Open Enrollment, and support employees during open enrollment process; resolve enrollment problems
Summary of Qualifications:
- 5+ years of Human Resources experience preferred.
- Bachelor’ s Degree or work equivalent
- Excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Ability to listen well, comprehend and analyze situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop effective working relationships within all areas of the company
- Demonstrated knowledge of, benefits administration, HRIS systems, policy communication and administration, HIPAA, Worker' s Compensation, and FMLA/CFRA
- Good presentation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel & PowerPoint), Microsoft Outlook and other various HRIS and reporting tools