Senior Associate Internal Audit
770 Lindaro Street Novato, CA 94901
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Senior Associate Internal Audit to be part of our client’ s team in the North Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Senior Associate Internal Audit
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The role is a new position that is being created to support the growing needs of the Internal Audit team as it expands its global coverage of the business to provide objective and independent assurance to client’ s Board of Directors and Chief Compliance Officer.
- This position will play a key role in supporting and expanding the capacity of Internal Audit to cover the wide-ranging financial, business, regulatory, and anti-corruption risks faced across the many countries in which client operates.
- The Senior Associate will primarily be responsible for providing input and feedback during the audit planning process, end-to-end execution of audit fieldwork, and the crafting and communication of audit observations and findings in the reporting process. These audits assess the design, effectiveness, and efficiency of processes and controls of local business units to address the aforementioned risks.
- The position of Senior Associate reports the Manager on the Internal Audit team. As a Senior Internal Auditor, you will be a key member of the Internal Audit team mainly focused on the planning and execution of the global audits of our ex-US business units
- Lead role on the day-to-day execution of audit procedures, including documentation of these procedures in our audit management software tool
- Coordination, preparation, and management of document requests, interview walk-through, and follow-up questions with various audit stakeholders across the company
- Analytical procedures using different types of data from a broad range of sources and systems to identify potential areas of further investigation
- Application of professional auditing principles and standards to evaluate whether audit evidence supports effectively operating controls to mitigate financial, anti-corruption, and healthcare compliance risks
- Production of high-quality working papers to document tests performed, results, and conclusions
- Effective coordination and communication of audit observations to auditees, as well as the Internal Audit Manager and Associate Director
- The role is based out of San Rafael, CA and normally requires approximately 10-20% travel. However, given the current travel restrictions related to COVID-19, the department is working and conducting audits remotely until restrictions are lifted.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor’ s degree required, preferably in an accounting, finance, or economics concentration
- Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Public Accountant, or Certified Fraud Examiner designation, or demonstrated progress towards certifications, a plus
- 2+ years in public accounting, internal audit, advisory or global corporation, or a combination hereof.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, audit management software, and an ability to pick up new systems quickly
- Biotech/Pharmaceutical/Life Science experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with ambiguity, and respond to a rapidly changing, highly innovative environment
- Proactively seeks knowledge, new tasks, and responsibilities. Highly self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities and working styles
- Exposure to and knowledge of ERP systems and data
- Ability to organize projects and work responsibilities, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Ability to travel occasionally; both domestically and internationally