Senior Administrative Assistant
4300 Hacienda Dr Pleasanton, CA 94588 | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Senior Administrative Assistant to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay Area. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Senior Administrative Assistant:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Supports assigned manager and team with a variety of routine to advanced administrative and operational activities including but not limited to scheduling and coordination of onsite/offsite meetings and/or larger scale events, coordinating domestic and international travel and conference calls, channeling communication and/or materials.
- Provides support on editing and formatting departmental documents such as memos, reports, presentations and legal documentation that may require data gathering from multiple components.
- Coordinates the preparation of department budget, monitors expenses against budget, researches an analyses discrepancies, creates and submits purchase orders and compiles expense reports.
- Streamlines and reduces unnecessary administrative or operational burdens from manager and other team members.
- Serves as the department lead on new systems, processes and training compliance.
- Serves as the departmental “ go-to-person” for general operational or administrative inquiries, requiring broad knowledge of departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
- Supports the training and onboarding efforts for new staff on administrative processes, systems, practices, tools, etc.
- Coordinates interview scheduling, office moves, office supply management and vendor relationships.
- Represents the department in a highly polished and professional manner.
- Participates in administrative project initiatives within or outside department/functional area.
- Provides back-up support to other teams as necessary, demonstrating flexibility, adaptability and positive demeanor in the face of change.
- Actively participates in internal company meetings with other administrative professionals, finds ways to apply new methods of working, improvements in work processes and supports an exchange of ideas among colleagues.
- Stays abreast with emerging knowledge and trends in administrative practices and collaborates with colleagues beyond own department.
Summary of Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Associates Degree and above preferred.
- Administrative professional accreditations and certifications in office administration preferred.
- 4+ years of progressive and directly related administrative support experience required.
- Experience supporting a manager and department/functional team in the life sciences/biotechnology industry is strongly preferred.
- Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office applications, e-mail and calendaring applications.
- Advanced organizational and planning skills, including the coordination of multiple activities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Broad financial experience for effective and efficient tracking, analysis and reporting on departmental budgets and/or department analytics.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills. Communicates clearly, concisely, thoroughly and in a highly professional and timely manner with all internal and external partners/stakeholders.
- Ability to be flexible and discreet handling sensitive, confidential and complex issues using tact, discretion and mature judgment.
- Advanced problem solving and decision-making skills.