790 Lindaro Street San Rafael, CA 94901
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Senior Accountant to be part of our client’ s team in San Rafael. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- This role is part of the North America Accounting team responsible for Technical Operations accounting function.
- The successful candidate will be an experienced accountant and will report to the Associate Director, North America Accounting.
- Candidate should be able to multi-task and work both independently in a fast-paced dynamic environment and be a strong collaborator.
- Candidate must possess a strong desire to learn, grow and develop their skills while providing enhancement to the current accounting function.
- Attention to detail and good analytical skills are essential.
- ? Main responsibilities include accounting for the Technical Operation function including partnering directly with the business and F, P&A, contract review and general oversight of prepaids.
- Partnering with the Technical Operations business contacts and F, P&A to understand activities which drive the US GAAP accounting.
- Provide guidance to the business and F, P&A on accounting to include presentations and training.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly JEs’ and account reconciliations relating to the accounting areas noted under summary above.
- Participate in process transformation and efficiencies to include identifying areas for streamlining and improvements
- Contract review to determine the correct US GAAP Accounting
- Completion of 10Q and 10K disclosure support for submission to the External reporting team
- SOX - Ensure internal controls are working effectively and propose improvements to support evolving accounting environment.
- Support both internal and external audits.
- Participate in Cross Functional Projects for North America Accounting
Summary of Qualifications:
- Certified Public Accountant would be a distinct advantage.
- Bachelor’ s in Accounting/Business Administration is desirable.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in GL Accounting, preferably with combination of Big 4 audit and public company experience.
- Experience in a public company would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience of monthly close activities in a deadline driven environment
- ERP systems experience preferable Oracle EBS
- A strong desire to learn and progress