Senior / Principal Splunk Engineer
250 Brannan St 1st floor san francisco, CA 94107 | Contract-to-Hire
Job Title: Sr. Splunk Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 12 Month Contract to Hire/FTE
Bayside Solutions is an industry-leading provider of staff augmentation and consulting services. Since 2001, we' ve built our company around a single concept - relationships. We focus on the people we serve. We' re straightforward, consistent and 100% accountable. We deliver intelligent solutions that help our clients and candidates thrive.
The position is based at the headquarter location in San Francisco, and is a fantastic opportunity to work at a fast-growing and dynamic enterprise technology company.
- Lead ideation process for new use cases to be built on Splunk for business teams.
- Connect market and technology trends with Splunk’ s technology to identify key use cases.
- Design and architect Splunk for an ideal state-of-the-art enterprise information platform.
- Create content that best conveys the Splunk technology story which may include demos, presentations, whitepapers and other tools.
- Comprehend and articulate the customer perspective to engage Product teams on Splunk features and roadmap.
- Provide coaching and mentorship to technology teams to enable their use of Splunk to satisfy their business goals.
- Provide domain expertise for Splunk SPL query writing, dashboard creation, and alert configuration.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years’ experience with IT or working in a large enterprise environment.
- Splunk Certified Architect II or 2+ years architecture experience with distributed.
- Splunk deployment, utilizing search head clustering, indexer clustering, and deployment server.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or relevant field.
- Passionate about groundbreaking technology, exudes creativity, and possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience establishing value and translating this to effective technology-based demonstration use cases.
- Ability to effectively articulate and showcase technology to different types of audience.
- Experience and familiarity with IT management software products, networking, server, application monitoring and/or web technologies.
- Self-starter who truly enjoys a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Experience in interacting with customers, onboarding, configuration, and optimization in Splunk.
- Experience using scripting languages to automate tasks and manipulate data.
- Proficient with operating system utilities as well as server monitoring and diagnostic tools. .