Security Engineer III (Cyber Defense)
5130 Hacienda Drive Dublin, CA 94568
The Security Engineer III position is part of the Cyber Defense team responsible for leading incident response, threat intelligence and event co-relation for broad set of technologies under the cyber security program This position requires technical hands on experience and collaborative mindset
• React to alerts from security infrastructure tools or intelligence and take necessary actions to stop or divert the security risk.
• Respond to escalation requests either via the Helpdesk, SOC’ s or other IT teams
• Tune security events and co-relation from applicable security products and sources
• Perform network traffic analysis, host behavior analysis, PC forensics, kill chain, windows event analysis etc. to effectively detect and protect Ross assets.
• Develop and document security related processes and procedures to help secure, mature and/or enhance the security of the environment
• Produce a monthly security operations dashboard with key performance indicators (incidents, metrics, security threats, intelligence etc.)
• 24x7 On Call duties apply.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• 5 years of hands on working knowledge with FireEye, NAC, Antivirus, File Integrity Management, Intrusion Presentation, Network Firewalls, Application Firewalls, Web Proxy, Logging & Monitoring, and DLP
• 3 years of hands on experience with security event response and correlation from key security products and services (network traffic analysis, PC forensics, kill chain, windows event analysis, etc.)
• 3 years of experience implementing host and network security policies
• 3 years of experienced incident manager with critical incident response
• 5 years of experience with Operating systems, host security and Network security fundamentals (policies, encryption, configuration)
• Able to partner with management and technical staff to resolve complex security matters and critical policy creations
• Able to project manage multiple projects at a time
• Able to provide guidance and training to others team members
• Bachelor’ s degree in Information Technology or Information Security.