6701 Kaiser Drive Fremont, CA 94555
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientist III to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to improve the quality of patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The candidate will contribute strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to deliver results in a fast-paced working environment.
- Day to day duties of the scientist include the opportunity to apply a variety of analytical techniques to support process development.
- Relevant techniques are immuno-based assays for binding and impurity analysis (ELISA, Octet, Biacore), qPCR, purity by capillary electrophoresis (CE, LabChip), size exclusion chromatography by HPLC/UPLC, charge variants (anion/cation exchange chromatography, imaged capillary isoelectric focusing by iCE), and affinity assays by HPLC.
- Independently initiate and complete scientific experiments per project timelines
- Independently execute test methods
- Analyze and critically review analytical data. Interpret analytical results and prepare technical presentations. Present analytical results in a clear manner.
- Utilize analytical method expertise to perform troubleshooting for technical problems
- Bachelors or Master’ s Degree or PhD in Chemistry, Biology, or a related field
- BS with 4+ years in protein analytics, MS with 2+ years of experience, PhD with 0+ years of experience
- Hands-on experience in protein analytics or analytical chemistry, with experience 1 or 2 of the above described analytical assays
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment