Scientist II/Sr. Scientist
4300 Hacienda Drive Pleasanton, CA 94588
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientist II/ Sr. Scientist, Reagent Development to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay Area. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
Scientist II/ Sr. Scientist, Reagent Development
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Scientist II/Sr. Scientist will be a member of the reagent development team for the development of CE-IVD/IVD products for use on next-generation sequencing systems.
- The successful candidate will develop and implement R&D strategies for related NGS applications including nucleic acid extraction, DNA quantification, library preparation, sequencing, and data analysis.
- The successful candidate should have a background in molecular biology and human disease related fields, with hands-on experience designing, optimizing and validating multiplex PCR or NGS based products.
- IVD/CE-IVD product development experience is highly desirable including working under design control regulations and GMP laboratory conditions.
- Knowledge of next-generation sequencing based workflows including target enrichment, library preparation, and data analysis is preferred.
- Experience of automated lab instruments is a plus
- The individual will work under manager supervision to plan and conduct hands-on laboratory experiments independently, and apply advanced scientific knowledge to complete projects.
- Demonstration of strong writing skills is preferred.
- Recommends innovative approaches, and/or expansion or curtailment of investigations based on experimental data or new scientific information arising from area of responsibility. Assumes responsibility for timely completion of projects, and responds appropriately to changing priorities.
- Ensures technical activities under manager supervision are conducted within internal and external guidelines and regulations. Interacts with other departments to further project goals.
- Accurately and consistently records experimental methods, materials and results in electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Analyzes data, evaluates results, forms conclusions, and determines future experiments.
- May presents findings or comprehensive project status reviews at internal seminars and department meetings. Applies advanced technical writing skills to produce reports and documents. Prepares summaries, internal reports, presentations, manuscripts, etc.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Required Bachelor’ s degree in Biological/Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field.
- Experience in assay design, optimization, validation, experimental design, data analysis, and data and concept presentation.
- Required 3-7 years relevant industry experience.