2841 Scott Blvd Santa Clara, CA 95050
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientist II to be part of our client’ s team in the South Bay Area. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Applications and Sequencing Prep group is looking for a motivated and team-oriented individual who is passionate about revolutionary sequencing technology.
- The candidate will contribute to the optimization and development of sample preparation protocols that enable sequencing-based assays in a wide variety of applications.
- The candidate must be self-motivated, but also be able to work well in a team and with multiple lab groups.
- Optimize workflows and reaction conditions for library and sequencing preparation protocols, to meet system performance specifications.
- Perform hands-on assay development in a fast-paced environment
- Perform analysis of experimental results.
- Characterize assays on the Nanopore sequencing platform
- Work using best laboratory practices, maintaining well-organized and concise records of worked performed and results.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Masters or Bachelors in molecular biology, biology, cellular biology, biochemistry, chemistry, or a related discipline preferred. Masters preferred.
- Prefers 0-3 years of experience.
- Solid understanding of NextGen DNA sequencing technologies, and experience making DNA libraries for sequencing experiments.
- Extensive experience with a wide variety of molecular biology techniques; including but not limited to: gel analysis, PCR, qPCR, nucleic acid and protein quantitation, manipulations requiring exonuclease, endonuclease and ligases.
- Demonstrated expertise in optimization of molecular biology reactions, including nucleic acid isolation, fragmentation, purification, enrichment, and ligation.
- Experience with computer databases, statistical software (JMP, Matlab), or computer programming languages (Python, R.) preferred.
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills, and meticulous attention to detail in executing lab bench experiments.
- Excellent analytical skills and demonstrated critical thinking.
- Excellent written and electronic record keeping skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.