5945 Optical Court San Jose, CA 95138
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientist II to be part of our client’ s team in the South Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Developing technology to make women’ s health and oncology testing easy, reliable, and affordable. We are looking for a motivated and team-oriented individual who is passionate about revolutionizing assay development in sequencing technology. The candidate will help design and perform wet-lab, work with his/her manager and team members to interpret the experimental results, and design future experiments.
- Works under general supervision, to conduct and monitor laboratory experiments utilizing established and published procedures, and technical and theoretical understanding.
- Makes recommendations to resolve problems encountered during experimental procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of experimental results. Communicates results of experiments in the form of reports and presentations. Keeps manager informed of project status, particularly of significant findings and results in critical problem areas. Performs work according to established internal safety guidelines and procedures, and as specified by appropriate external regulatory agencies (e.g., OSHA).
- Analyzes experimental data using various data analysis software and/or applying quantitative methods. Forms conclusions, and provides/documents process improvements. Uses technical writing skills to produce reports and documents. May present findings at internal meeting.
- Works effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Demonstrates flexibility working with changing priorities.
- Participates in routine lab maintenance, lab safety, ISO, and QSR implementation.
- Analyzes alternative approaches to solve problems or develop new perspectives on existing solutions.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Biological/Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work-experience
- Minimum 2 years of related experience
- Proficiency with molecular biology wet lab technique.
- Experience with next generation sequencing method.
- Experience with data analysis.
- Able to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Demonstrate ability to routinely learn and apply new technologies in an accelerated manner.
- Ability to recognize and resolve basic problems encountered in experimental procedure.