5945 Optical Court
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 15375
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientist II to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay Area. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Planning and execution of laboratory experiments for both individual and team– based projects. May act as lead for assigned projects or team.
- Analyzes experimental data using various data analysis software and/or applying quantitative methods.
- Uses technical writing skills to produce reports and documents for communication of the results and conclusions for internal use.
- Makes recommendations to resolve problems encountered during experimental procedures, utilizing alternative approaches to solve problems and develop new perspectives on existing solutions.
- Keeps informed of trends and developments in area of scientific responsibility.
- Participates in routine lab maintenance, lab safety, ISO, and QSR implementation.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Biological/Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in molecular biology laboratory techniques. Preferred is 4 to 6 years of relevant experience.
- Oncology & IPT experience are a must
- Experience in regulated devices or tests such as for FDA, CE, or other IVD highly preferred.
- Experience with laboratory automation preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in analytical skills, such as statistical method analysis of laboratory data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly with team members
- Knowledge of good laboratory practices
- Knowledge of molecular biology laboratory techniques and concepts
- Ability to follow established protocols and procedures within a regulated environment, e.g. CLIA, ISO, GMP