4300 Hacienda Dr Pleasanton, CA 94588
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientist II to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay Area. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Client is seeking a qualified and highly motivated individual for the role of Scientist II on the Research Team. The individual will work in a small team of individuals in the design and early development.
- Projects will include construction and characterization of recombinant prokaryotic organisms and their application in the development of in vitro diagnostics assays.
- Handling of BSL2 clinical isolates of bacteria
- With guidance, analyzes, and brainstorms alternative approaches to solve problems and finds solutions
- Organize, conduct and monitor laboratory experiments utilizing established or published procedures in the construction of recombinant organisms
- Assumes responsibility for the accuracy, quality, recording, and timeliness of experimental results
- Summarizes experimental results and reviews conclusions with supervisor/project leader
- Uses technical writing skills to communicate results in reports and documents. May present findings at internal meetings
- Keeps supervisor/project leader informed of project status, particularly of significant findings and results in critical problem areas
- Performs work according to established internal safety guidelines and procedures, and as specified by appropriate external regulatory agencies (e.g., OSHA)
- Participates in routine lab maintenance, lab safety, ISO, and QSR implementation
- Works independently and manages own work flow to accomplish assigned objectives
- You’ re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’ re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
Summary of Qualifications:
- BS in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, or related field
- 1-3 years of related experience is required
- 2-3 years of related experience preferred
- Experience in working in a BSL2 environment is a must
- Strong cloning experience that includes advanced techniques such as performing genomic manipulations in clinically relevant species of bacteria (other than E. coli) is strong desired
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to efficiently evaluate and prioritize multiple experiments
- Experience in microbiology, cell culturing, cloning, bioinformatics, and laboratory notebook maintenance is preferred.
- Experience with the latest tools and techniques employed in metabolic engineering/synthetic biology is preferred
- Experience working with bacteriophage, viruses, or Smarticles technology is preferred