4300 Hacienda Dr Pleasanton, CA 94588
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientist II to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay Area. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Optimizes target enrichment workflows for ease of use, turnaround time, and performance.
- Performs nucleic acid extraction, library preparation, and optimizes output for downstream processing.
- Operates nucleic acid analysis instruments for quality and quantity assessments; this includes qPCR instruments, fluorometers, Agilent Bioanalyzer and TapeStation.
- Uses Next-Generating Sequencing instruments to produce data for downstream analysis.
- Performs feasibility, verification, and validation studies with the goals of product development and product launch.
- Accurately and consistently records experimental methods, materials, and results in electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Analyzes data, evaluates results, forms conclusions, and determines future experiments.
- Presents findings or comprehensive project status reviews at internal meetings.
- Establishes and maintains productive relationship with personnel in cross functional teams.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Biological/Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field with a minimum of 3 years of lab experience
- Experience with next-generation sequencing based workflows including nucleic acid extraction, and library preparation is a must
- Familiarity with laboratory automation/liquid handling, qPCR, nucleic acid analysis tools is preferred
- Team oriented with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to take ownership and accountability of assignment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with cross-functional teams