4300 Hacienda Dr Pleasanton, CA 94588
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientist II to be part of our client’ s team in Belmont. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Scientist II/Sr. Scientist will be a member of the Assay Development team in tri-valley for the development of RUO and CE-IVD/IVD products for use on next-generation sequencing (NGS) systems.
- The individual will work under manager supervision to plan and conduct hands-on laboratory experiments independently, and apply advanced scientific knowledge to complete assigned projects.
- Recommend innovative approaches, and/or expansion or curtailment of investigations based on experimental data or new scientific information arising from area of responsibility.
- Assume responsibility for timely completion of projects, and respond appropriately to changing priorities.
- Accurately and consistently record experimental methods, materials and results in electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Analyze data, evaluate results, form conclusions, and determine future experiments.
- Present findings and/or comprehensive project status reviews at internal seminars and department meetings.
- Apply advanced technical writing skills to produce reports and documents.
- Prepare summaries, internal reports, presentations, manuscripts, etc.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Biological/Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field.
- Background in molecular biology and human disease related fields,
- Hands-on experience designing, optimizing and validating multiplex PCR or NGS based products. IVD/CE-IVD product development experience is highly desirable including working under design control regulations and GMP laboratory conditions.