6701 Kaiser Drive Fremont, CA 94555
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientist II to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to improve the quality of patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Analytical method development, qualification, and routine testing for characterization and stability activities for biopharmaceutical drug product programs.
- Experience in analytical method development of potency assays in Process Science environment required. Cell based assays and binding assays utilizing Octet or Biacore methodology required. Biacore T200 strongly desired.
- Develop cell-based assays and bioassays for characterization and GMP lot release.
- Develop binding assays for characterization and GMP lot release.
- Perform routine sample testing following bioassay or binding test methods in non-GMP environment.
- Perform real time documentation, bio statistical analysis, data review and control charting as needed.
- Maintain mammalian cells and prepare cell banks as needed.
- Help maintain laboratory equipment, restock laboratory supplies, place orders, and submit work orders and other routine tasks as needed.
- Independently perform complex scientific experiments.
- Independently and efficiently troubleshoot complex scientific experiments.
- Assess and present analytical results in a clear manner.
- Work efficiently to complete assignments in a timely manner.
- BS 4+ years in analytical method development
- MS 2+ years in analytical method development
- 2-4 years of experience in analytical method development required.
- 2-4 years experience with Biacore concentration assays.
- 2-4 years of experience with mammalian cell based assays, preferably with reporter gene luciferase or T-cell activation assays.
- 2-4 years of experience with mammalian cell culture.
- Proficiency with Softmax Pro, MS Office.
- Candidate must possess strong analytical skills, attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and prioritize to deliver results in a fast-paced working environment.