6701 Kaiser Drive Fremont, CA 94555
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientist II to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to improve the quality of patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- You will have the opportunity to learn and independently run bioreactor autosampling systems for cell culture processes along with gaining knowledge on real-time product quality measurements using analytical chromatography techniques.
- Establishing a feedback control loop for real time control of bioreactor to obtain desired product quality, will also be an important part of the development.
- Overall, the successful candidate should be capable of independent research, applying creativity to solve technical challenges, creating innovative solutions, and pioneering new directions in order to achieve the overall objective of the project.
- The candidate is expected to be flexible in a fast pace environment, and adapt to new changes quickly while ensuring successful delivery of the goals.
- Initiates and completes scientific experiments with minimal supervision.
- Able to search scientific literature and extract useful information to apply to the project.
- Performs troubleshooting for technical problems.
- Communicates own work orally and in writing, providing input to supervisor for internal reports, presentations, proposals or external publications.
- A recent PhD graduate with a degree in Chemical / Biochemical engineering, Biochemistry or related scientific field Life
- Hands on experience with aseptic technique, microbial/mammalian cell culture and process analytics technology
- Basic understanding of biochemistry, protein separation and analytics
- Proficiency using Excel, Spotfire, JMP
- Experience in OPC programming and Delta V automation is a plus
- Highly self-motivated, flexible and willing to learn
- Demonstrated capability to identify and solve scientific problems
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Able to collaborate and work effectively in teams