6701 Kaiser Drive Fremont, CA 94555
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientist II to be part of our client’ s team in Fremont. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Work independently to spearhead side-projects, testing new technologies/techniques for proof of concept and optimizing existing state of the art, to advance process development.
- Day-to-day lab work will be performed at small-, bench-, and pilot-scale and will include (but is not limited to): aseptic cell culture maintenance and expansion, building and operating bioreactors, using various analytical equipment, and preparing cell culture media.
- The pilot scale process and incumbent hardware will soon transition from development to a GMP setting, so cGMP knowledge is a plus.
- Be flexible and nimble in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and adapt to new changes quickly while ensuring successful delivery of goals.
- Operate glass benchtop and pilot scale single-use perfusion bioreactors.
- Perform small scale development experiments.
- Research and test new technologies and techniques pertaining to perfusion cell culture.
- Support routine lab operations (equipment maintenance, lab housekeeping, etc).
- Cell culture media and buffer preparations.
- Presentation of results at internal company meetings.
- Meticulous lab notebook keeping; present results at group meetings.
- Minimum one weekend shift per month required (non-negotiable).
Summary of Qualifications:
- B.S. degree with 4+ years, M.S. with 1+ years, or PhD with 0+ years of experience in biochemical engineering, chemical engineering, bioengineering, or any related fields.
- Experience and high level of competency with aseptic technique strongly desired.
- Mammalian cell culture lab experience, especially in perfusion mode, strongly desired.
- Bioreactor operation (bench/pilot scale, stainless steel or single-use) strongly desired.
- Previous experience with Delta V (or other SCADA) a plus.
- Expert knowledge of statistics (including software eg JMP), DoE, and/or modeling a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team, multi-task while prioritizing, and exhibiting strong sense of ownership of the work being performed is a must.