6701 Kaiser Drive Fremont, CA 94555
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientist II to be part of our client’ s team in Fremont. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The candidate will contribute strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to deliver results in a fast-paced working environment.
- Candidate will be expected to perform a variety of analytical techniques in support of biopharmaceutical characterization studies.
- Relevant techniques are UV/Vis, CE-SDS, size exclusion and cation exchange chromatography by HPLC and iCIEF.
- Other potential techniques are mass spectrometry (MS) or immuno-based assays for binding and impurity analysis (ELISA, Octet, Biacore), as well as qPCR. Other duties include:
- Initiate and complete scientific experiments.
- Independently execute test methods.
- Analyze and critically review analytical data.
- Present analytical results in a clear manner.
- Perform basic troubleshooting for technical problems.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry or a related field.
- BS with 4+ years in protein analytics, MS with 2+ years’ experience.
- Hands-on experience in protein analytics, with experience in 1 or 2 of the above described analytical assays.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.