6701 Kaiser Drive Fremont, CA 94555 | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientist II to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The first part is to participate in the commissioning of various purification modules that are meant to be prototypes for a novel integrated downstream process.
- Commissioning exercises include protocol creation and execution.
- Protocol activities include but are not limited to writing a cursory Site Acceptance Test, a Commissioning protocol that describes when prototype modules arrive, e.g. P&ID as built-in verification, instrument and equipment list review, calibration check, safety analysis, operational check out, etc.
- Once the commissioning is done, the drafting an execution of a product performance test plan will be desired.
- The second part consists on mAb purification in the bench and pilot scale.
- Pilot scale runs may include participating in intensified purification processes.
- The position will include familiarity with equipment capable of determining some performance parameters for purification.
- Such equipment may include AKTA explorer, AKTA pilot, AKTA Avant, Unicorn software, Cedex Bio HT, turbidity meter, pH, and conductivity probes, Vmax/Pmax equipment, Flow VPE, Solo VPE, other UV meters, pumps, mixing devices, deltaV software, etc.
- Duties may also include buffer preparation for bench scale up to 200L scale.
- BS in Biochemical Engineering or related sciences with 5+ years of experience.
- MS in Biochemical Engineering or related sciences with 4+ years of experience.
- Experience with Protein purification, and iSKID commissioning.
- Previous purification of downstream mabs is highly encouraged.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.