470 E Grand Ave., SSF41 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientist I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The responsibilities of a DMPK-BA Scientist/Associate Scientist contract position are to develop and routinely employ bioanalytical methods for the qualitative analysis of endogenous small molecules/peptides in CSF, plasma, and various biological tissues using mass spectrometry in support of biomarker discovery.
- Responsibilities will also include data processing, statistical analysis, and dissemination of results to project teams in support of drug discovery and development programs.
- Other responsibilities will include electronic laboratory notebook keeping and communication of results to project teams.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Should have a Ph.D. or Master' s at a minimum in chemistry, biochemistry, or equivalent with relevant experience of 0-2 years.
- The candidate will have background in Bioanalytical Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS/MS and LC-HRMS) with hands on experience and proven ability to design, develop and routinely employ bioanalytical methods for the quantitative and qualitative analysis of endogenous small molecule metabolites.
- The candidate should be able develop, validate, and troubleshoot methods/instrumentation.
- The candidate will be preferred if having demonstrated mass spectrometry-based metabolomics experience.
- Experience with metabolomics is preferred but not required.
- Experience with bioinformatics and/or biostatistics is a plus.
- The candidate should possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate will be advantageous with biostatistics / bioinformatics ability to code for data analysis in R or Python