470 E Grand Ave., SSF41 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientist, Drug Metabolism to be part of our Client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with a local Biotechnology company focusing on the discovery, development, manufacturing and commercialization of medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Scientist, Drug Metabolism
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop and commercialize novel drugs for treating rare diseases.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) Department is dedicated to enabling the discovery, development and commercialization of safe and effective medicines by elucidating the absorption, distribution, metabolism, excretion and pharmacokinetic properties of small molecule drug candidates. We accomplish this through the application of state of the art technologies and sciences of bioanalysis, drug metabolism, drug transport and pharmacokinetics.
- The DMPK group works in close partnership with disciplines such as medicinal chemistry, pharmacology, toxicology, pharmaceutical sciences, clinical pharmacology and regulatory to optimize leads, select clinical candidates, conduct preclinical development studies, support clinical evaluation and contribute to IND and NDA filings.
- Publications are preferred
- The Biotransformation group is seeking a highly motivated individual to apply drug metabolism in drug design. Primary responsibilities include:
- Hands on work in metabolite identification by high-resolution LC-MS/MS and determine the biotransformation pathways of peptides and small molecules
- Solid understanding of drug metabolizing enzymes (e.g., CYP, hydrolyases)
- Design, perform and interpret drug metabolism studies with focus on characterizing metabolic pathways and soft-spots in drug discovery
- Develop LC-MS/MS methods for challenging molecules
- At advanced level, integrate metabolism information into guiding chemistry designs
- The position requires a Ph.D. M.Sc., or B.Sc. degree in chemical, pharmaceutical, biological or other relevant science disciplines with a strong experimental metabolism background
- BS/MS/ PhD in Chemistry/Biochemistry/Pharmaceutical Sciences or related field with 2+ (BS/MS) or 0-3 (PhD) years of industry experience in analytical sciences.
- Qualified candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Strong background in organic chemistry and drug metabolism reactions.
- Strong skills in qualitative LC-MS/MS instrumentation and data analysis, method development and trouble-shooting. Experience with quantitative LC-MS/MS is a plus.
- Experience with high-resolution MS-based structural elucidation of unknown structures of small molecules and peptides, common chemical derivatization techniques to identify site of metabolism, and use of isotopically labeled reagents to aid the understanding of enzyme reactions.
- Experience with biotransformation of macrocyclic peptides, proteomics and nanospray LC-MS is a plus.