22 DNA Way, SSF05 South San Francisco, CA 94080 | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientist I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- We seek an outstanding candidate to join Small Molecule Analytical Chemistry and Quality Control in the department to support the Small Molecule Pharmaceutical Sciences team.
- Responsibilities include the development of chromatographic (HPLC and GC) methods, compound characterization, supporting the development of formulations and manufacturing processes, contribution to problem solving, technical reports, documenting data, and interaction with project teams in a highly cross-functional environment.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Must have BS, MS, or PhD in a relevant scientific discipline (analytical chemistry or organic chemistry preferred).
- A minimum of 3 years of professional working experience in analytical chemistry is required.
- Professional experience in chromatography method development (HPLC and/or GC) is essential.
- Experience in method development specifically for the analysis of pharmaceuticals is strongly preferred.
- Candidates must have good theoretical knowledge of analytical and organic chemistry.
- Mass spectrometry experience is a plus.
- The position requires excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must demonstrated the ability to work independently with sound scientific judgement, and the ability to work as part of a team.