2841 Scott Boulevard Santa Clara, CA 95050
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientist I to be part of our client’ s team in the South Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop and commercialize novel drugs for treating rare diseases.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Looking for a highly motivated, passionate and team-oriented individual with some laboratory and documentation experience. As part of the activity, the candidate will be responsible for promptly and accurately entering final production records into the database system.
- The candidate will help check and edit all previously entered documents from the Production group.
- The candidate shall also perform lab work and will help in reagent generation, protein characterization and product QC.
- The individual must be flexible and have experience working in a highly dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
- Careful, meticulous laboratory execution and documentation is also a requirement.
- The candidate will work as part of a small protein production team for the manufacturing of proteins and reagents.
- As part of the activity, the individual will help in the editing and documentation of Work Instructions, Batch Records and Test methods.
- The candidate will work on scaling up protein production protocols, developing analytical methods for characterizing proteins and reagents, writing QC protocols and setting specifications.
- Along with the entire group, the candidate will also manufacture reagents for the R & D staff.
- Protein and reagent production and QC
- Editing and updating batch records, QC methods and work instruction
- Entering batch records and test results into a database
- B.S. with 1 - 2 years equivalent experience in biochemistry, chemistry, molecular biology or related discipline
- Demonstrated meticulous documentation capabilities
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills with methodical approaches to trouble-shooting
- Experience in writing and following Work Instructions, Batch Records and Standard Operating Procedures is a plus
- Demonstrated critical thinking and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills is a must