2841 Scott Blvd Santa Clara, CA 95050
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientist I to be part of our client’ s team in the Bay Area. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Optimize workflows and reaction conditions for library and sequencing preparation protocols, to meet system performance specifications.
- Perform hands-on assay development in a fast-paced environment
- Perform analysis of experimental results.
- Characterize assays on the RSS Nanopore sequencing platform
- Work using best laboratory practices, maintaining well-organized and concise records of worked performed and results.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelors in molecular biology, biology, cellular biology, biochemistry, chemistry, or a related discipline preferred. Masters preferred.
- Solid grounding in NextGen DNA sequencing, and experience performing and analyzing DNA sequencing experiments.
- Demonstrated expertise in optimization of molecular biology reactions, including nucleic acid isolation, fragmentation, purification, enrichment, and ligation.
- Experience with a wide variety of laboratory molecular biology techniques; gel analysis, western and southern blots, PCR, qPCR, nucleic acid and protein quantitation
- Extensive experience running and debugging protocols and performing DNA, RNA, and Protein manipulations
- Experience with computer databases, statistical software (JMP, Matlab), or computer programming languages (Python, R.) preferred
- Outstanding lab bench skills and proven trouble shooting skills
- Excellent analytical skills and demonstrated critical thinking
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent written and electronic record keeping skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills