2841 Scott Blvd Santa Clara, CA 95050 | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientist I to be part of our client’ s team in Santa Clara. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Become an expert on the operation of the company’ s Single Molecule Sequencing Platform
- Perform a variety of sequencing and sequencing related experiments on a daily basis, help analyze and interpret the data.
- General support of diverse research and development activities.
- Perform all work using best laboratory practices and maintain a well-organized and concise record of work performed and progress made.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science required.
- Previous laboratory experience desired.
- A general understanding of enzyme and protein channel function desired.
- Previous experience with prototype instruments or single molecule systems desired.
- Some computer scripting skills required (Python preferred).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in teams and across scientific disciplines is essential.
- The candidate should be passionate, self-motivated, and possess a strong desire to acquire on-the-job training.