2841 Scott Blvd Santa Clara, CA 95050 | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientist I to be part of our client’ s team in the South Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest biotech company and deliver better-targeted therapies.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of America’ s best companies to work for by Forbes.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
The Scientist will provide scientific excellence and guidance in sample preparation for the nanopore platform. The candidate will contribute to the optimization and development of sample preparation protocols that enable sequencing-based assays in a wide variety of applications. The candidate must be self-motivated, but also be able to work well in a team and with multiple lab groups.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Assist senior Lab personnel in creating sample preparation assays and material to support development of sequencing system.
- Hands-on experience with basic molecular biology techniques, including DNA isolation and purification, PCR, Biosafety I/II procedures, RNA techniques, and creation of buffer solutions.
- Experience with Bioanalyzer instruments a strong plus.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, or other related disciplines is required.
- Minimal 1 year of experience as laboratory assistant preferred.
- Must be able to immediately work independently and meticulously as directed for common workflows such as PCR, qPCR, DNA-bead purifications, and acrylamide gels.
- The candidate will also be required to quickly learn new techniques in molecular biology and instrumentation as needed by the job.