5945 Optical Court San Jose, CA 95138
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientist I to be part of our client’ s team in the South Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The San Jose site is developing technology to make women’ s health and oncology testing easy, reliable, and affordable. We are looking for a motivated and team-oriented individual who is passionate about developing molecular diagnostic assays. The candidate will help design and perform wet-lab, work with his/her manager and team members to interpret the experimental results, and design future experiments.
- After introduction to work processes, begins to organize, conduct and monitor laboratory experiments utilizing established and published procedures, and technical and theoretical understanding.
- Assumes responsibility for the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of experimental results. Summarizes experimental results, and reviews conclusions with supervisor/project leader.
- Communicates results of experiments. Keeps supervisor/project leader informed of project status, particularly of significant findings and results in critical problem areas.
- Performs work according to established internal safety guidelines and procedures, and as specified by appropriate external regulatory agencies (e.g., OSHA).
- Analyzes and interprets experimental data using various data analysis software and/or applying quantitative methods. Uses technical writing skills to produce reports and documents. May present findings at internal meetings.
- Assumes accountability for electronic lab notebook documentation, ensuring experimental methods and results are recorded timely, accurately and consistently, and according to established formats.
- Participates in routine lab maintenance, lab safety, ISO, and QSR implementation.
- May troubleshoot issues related to instrumentation.
- Works independently and manages own work flow to accomplish assigned objectives.
- With guidance, analyzes and brainstorms alternative approaches to solve problems and finds solutions.
- Makes sound recommendations to solve problems.
- Establishes as appropriate internal/cross-functional/customer relationships.
- Uses discretion and independent judgment to recommend solutions to basic problems that their individual or team projects.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Biological/Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work-experience
- Minimum 2 year of related experience
- Proficiency with molecular biology wet lab technique.
- Experience with data analysis.
- Able to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to recognize and resolve basic problems encountered in experimental procedure.
- Experience with next generation sequencing method is preferred.