6701 Kaiser Drive Fremont, CA 94555
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientist I to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to improve the quality of patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Execute cell culture development, troubleshooting and optimization experiments using various vessels such as shake flasks, culture bags, bench-scale glass bioreactors, and stainless steel pilot-scale bioreactors for the production of recombinant protein.
- Monitor experiments and cell culture performance utilizing cell counters, blood gas and chemistry analyzers, and other advanced instruments.
- Prepare stock solutions and media for mammalian cell culture as needed.
- Perform small scale harvest and purification operations as needed using centrifugation, filtration and/or chromatography operations.
- Perform lab support activities, such as equipment troubleshooting, lab organization and coordinate cross functionally between different departments for preventive maintenance and technical improvements.
- Perform data analysis and communicate own work effectively.
- Collaborate and work effectively in teams to meet the project timelines
- Graduate with BS degree in Life Science or engineering field with 0-2 years of experience
- Basic understanding of biochemistry and biotechnology
- Hands on experience with aseptic technique, microbial/mammalian cell culture is desired
- Strong communication and organization skills, be able to multi-task and exhibit a strong sense of urgency in order to accomplish daily tasks
- Must be willing to work on the weekend